Essex County Resident ID Cards
Essex County residents who are at least 18 years
of age can obtain an Essex County Resident Identification Card.
What you must do
- Reside within Essex County
- Appear in person at
the Clerk's Office
What you must bring
- Birth Certificate with raised seal and file date; OR U.S. Passport; OR Naturalization Certificate Non-naturalized residents must also present a valid Resident Alien card. (No photocopies of any of these materials will be accepted.)
- Residents whose last name differs from their birth certificate because of marriage must also present a Marriage Certificate with raised seal (No photocopies will be accepted.)
- Proof of legal address (Mail must be addressed to you and postmarked not more than 3 months ago. Government issued checks and mail addressed to PO Boxes are not acceptable).
- One proof of legal signature, such as driver's license, employee ID, social security card, welfare ID, or other governmental ID.
What it will cost
- $20.00 payable by cash, US Postal Money Order, or certified check.