You may apply for a passport at the County Clerk's office. Procedures are set by the United States government, which has a Website listing the full requirements for a US Passport. Passports take approximately 4 weeks before they are received. Rush Services are available.
What you must do:
All applicants must appear in person at the Clerk’s office or at one of the Outreach Locations. All applicants must have BOTH parents names on their Birth Certificate, regardless of age. All applicants must have a Social Security number.
Children 15 years of age and under must appear with BOTH parents. Children 16 years of age and over may appear with only one parent. Please DO NOT sign the Passport Application until the Clerk’s representative ask you to do so.
What you must bring:
- A completed US Passport Application (also available on site); AND
- Two (2) identical 2”x2” recent, professional, face-front photographs. Photos must be on a white or light background. No school photographs accepted; AND
- An original or certified copy of a birth certificate with a raised seal and file date issued by a State or Municipal Bureau of Vital Statistics (photocopies are not accepted). Birth certificates must have names of both parents, regardless of age; OR
- A Naturalization Certificate (photocopies are not accepted); OR
- A previous United States passport
AND FOR IDENTIFICATION
- A valid Driver's License, government identification or previous U.S. passport issued after applicant's 16th birthday which is not more than 15 years old. (A Green Card or valid Foreign Passport is required for parents applying for a U.S. Citizen Children's Passport.)
If an applicant cannot furnish the above identification, the applicant can present:
- 3 additional forms of identification (bring whatever you have); AND
- An identifying witness who has known the applicant for at least 2 years, and is a U.S. citizen or Resident Alien, and can establish his or her own identity by one of the above means
- Children 15 years or younger renewing a U.S. Passport must submit BOTH the Passport and an original or certified copy of Birth Certificate showing full names of both parents.
What it will cost:
- Adults 16 years of age or older - $110.00, payable by personal check or US Postal money order to US Department of State; AND a $35.00 processing fee payable by cash or US Postal money order only.
- Children 15 years of age and younger - $80.00, payable by personal check or US Postal money order to US Department of State; AND a $35.00 processing fee payable by cash or US Postal money order only.