How to Obtain a Gold Star Parent Photo ID
Gold Star Parent Photo ID Cards are available from the Essex County Clerk’s Office to the parent, legal guardian or legal custodian of member of the armed forces who lost his or her life while on active duty for the United States. This card may be presented to participating merchants/vendors for discounts offered to veterans and Gold Star Parents.
- To be eligible for the Essex County Clerk Gold Star Parent ID Card the applicant must apply in person at the Essex County Clerk's Office. Services are BY APPOINTMENT ONLY. To make an appointment, please click here.
- Be the parent, legal guardian or legal custodian, spouse, domestic partner or civil union partner, or child of a member of the armed services who lost his or her life on active duty in service to the United States.
- Be a resident of Essex County.
Applicants must present:
- The service member’s Federal DD Form 1300
- Proof of the applicant’s relationship to the deceased
- Proof of residency in Essex County
Discounts on goods and services offered to veterans and Gold Star Parents are given at the discretion of the participating merchant/vendor. The Essex County Clerk makes no representations as to the amount or availability of discounts offered to the Gold Star Parent by using an Essex County Gold Star Parent ID Card.
What Will It Cost:
The Essex County Clerk Gold Star ID Card is free of charge.